The bridge is a fundamental exercise to use for spine mobility. The slow purposeful movement will greatly assist in freeing vertabrae and lower abdominal strength comes as part of the benefit too.
- Lay on your back with legs up and knees bent so that your feet are on the mat about a thigh length from your buttocks.
- Ensure that your lower stomach muscles are tight and hips are in the forward position.
- Your feet should be slightly apart.
Repeat about five times.
- Take a deep breath.
- While exhaling slowly raise your hips until the hip joint is fully extended.
- Ensure that your back does not arch during the movement.
- while slowly moving, feel each vertibrae release and move to the next one.
- When the movement is complete slowly inhale while lowering yourself to the starting position.
- Ensure that the neck is relaxed during movement.
- If any pain occurs stop the exercise immediately.